1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
The Sites are provided by NWLC AF. By using the Sites you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions, which supplement any additional guidelines or other terms posted by NWLC AF in relation to specific site-related services or content. Violation of these rules may result in temporary or permanent revocation of participation privileges.
2. NO ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
NWLC AF provides the Sites as a service for your information and education. Neither NWLC AF nor its staff purport to be providing legal advice through the Sites. You acknowledge and agree that your use of and access to the Sites in no way creates an attorney/client relationship.
4. RIGHTS IN CONTENT
When posting a contribution that includes any material from another source, you must obtain all necessary permissions from the author, publisher or owner of the material in advance of the posting and include all required copyright notices as well as clear and conspicuous attribution to such third party source.
By posting material, you represent and warrant that you have the right to post such material and you grant NWLC AF the rights set forth herein with respect to such material.
5. USER CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Postings of marketing, commercial, defamatory, abusive, profane, racist, sexist, hateful, threatening, offensive, obscene, or illegal materials are prohibited.
2. Posted messages should be relevant to, and intended for, the Sites. Messages which are intended for specific individuals or messages that are personal or commercial in nature or are unrelated to the Sites’ primary purpose are not permitted.
3. Users agree to respect other participants and will not threaten, abuse, intimidate, or harass other users.
4. Users agree not to infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property or other rights when posting content.
5. Users agree not to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
6. Users agree not to use the Sites for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Sites any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
7. Users agree not to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation with any person or entity.
8. Users agree not to imply that NWLC AF endorses any of their statements or positions.
6. DISCLAIMER ON THIRD PARTY CONTENT
NWLC AF is not responsible for any content posted by third parties. The responsibility for posted content lies entirely with the poster. NWLC AF is not in any manner endorsing the content of the materials posted to the Sites and cannot and will not vouch for the reliability of said materials. You acknowledge and agree that you will not knowingly post content, including graphics or images, that violates the copyright, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party and that you will remove the same should you discover that you have violated this provision. You further acknowledge and agree that NWLC AF is not required to pre-screen postings or monitor the Sites. However, NWLC AF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, refuse a post, or to remove, any material and/or to restrict or exclude any individual from further use of the Sites.
7. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Sites may link to other web sites and resources. NWLC AF has no control over these web sites and resources. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only. You acknowledge and agree that a hyperlink from the Sites to another web site does not imply or mean that NWLC AF endorses the content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from that web site. You further acknowledge and agree that a hyperlink from the web site to another web site does not imply or mean that NWLC AF endorses the operator or operations of that site. Additionally, you are solely responsible for determining the extent to which you may use any content at any other web sites to which you might link from the Sites. NWLC AF reserves the right, but not the obligation, to block links from or to the Sites at any time.
You agree to indemnify and hold NWLC AF harmless from any claims, damages, losses, or costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that arise out of or relate to any of your postings or any information or material contained therein, including, without limitation, any claims that NWLC AF’s use of such information or material infringes or misappropriates any intellectual property or other right of any third party. NWLC AF reserves the right, at its expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with NWLC AF in asserting any available defense.
9. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES
NWLC AF PROVIDES THE SITES “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NWLC AF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NWLC AF LIKEWISE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING OUT OF INTERRUPTION OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR SOFTWARE AS THE RESULT OF ACCESSING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITES. NWLC AF DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ARE ERROR-FREE, RELIABLE, WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SITES, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL NWLC AF BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITES (OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES), EVEN IF NWLC AF KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITES, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.
11. CHOICE OF LAW AND LOCATION FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES
12. SEVERABILITY AND INTEGRATION
14. Contacting the sites
National Women’s Law Center
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036